Milk Thistle is one of the most popular herbal supplements that have been used in Chinese medicines as well as other Ayurvedic medicines for protecting and detoxifying vital liver functions.Along with this, milk thistle also has many other added benefits. The name milk thistle comes from the fact that when the plant’s leaves are crushed milky white fluid comes out.
It is interesting to note that milk thistle has been in use in herbal treatments for treating liver disorders since time immemorial. In fact, milk thistle extract has been prescribed for treating various ailments and problems like chronic hepatitis, mushroom poisoning, liver damage from drug and alcohol, alcoholic cirrhosis, acute viral hepatitis and so on.
Milk Thistle Extract Benefits
It is great to note that milk thistle is not only good for liver and liver-related problems, but it is also good for curing various kinds of non-liver related problems. Some of the notable benefits include:
- Helps in reducing cell damage, which is often caused due to chemotherapy treatments and radiations.
- Thistle milk works as a powerful antioxidant. It is also considered as a great scavenger of free radicals.
- Help in lowering cholesterol levels, thus keeping the heart healthy.
- Helps in improving and maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Acts as a therapeutic agent so that Alzheimer’s disease can be prevented
- Acts as sunscreen protection. Various kinds of skin diseases can also be avoided with milk thistle.
- Betters intestinal and indigestion problems.
- Helps in reducing hot flashes and other acute symptoms that are related to menopause.
- Milk thistle contains excellent anti-aging properties.
- Helps in reducing the growth of cancerous cells in colon, breast, cervix, lung, kidneys and so on.
Working of Milk Thistle Extract Formula
The seeds of milk thistle contain silymarin, which is a bioflavonoid complex. In fact silymarin is the most active component in milk thistle and it is nothing but the purified extract of the fruits of the plant. There are actually three main flavonoids in silymarin – silybin, silibinin and silly Christin. Majority of silymarin, approximately 50%-70% of it, is made of silybin. Clinical and biological studies have shown that silybin is the most beneficial and biologically active constituent of silymarin, the main milk thistle extract. All these components work together to ensure that liver health is maintained. These ingredients, prohibit the entrance of toxic elements in the liver and protect the body from various kinds of damages.
No side effects of milk thistle formula
Milk thistle has shown to have very mild and gentle nature. There are many other supplements for the liver, but they come with various kinds of side effects. However, milk thistle is absolutely safe sans side effects. No reports of toxicity have been provided for milk thistle.
Where to buy Milk Thistle Extract?
Buying milk thistle from Absorb Health is the best thing to do. The company offers free shipping of the bottle of milk thistle capsules, containing 100 capsules all over USA. Just click on ‘Add to Cart’ and follow instructions to place your order for milk thistle capsules online.